Full Text Sources
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection induces chronic gastritis and duodenal ulcer in small fraction of infected population. Three decades after introduction of the H. pylori and disclosure of urgent need for eliminating the bacterium in patients, it seems that we are still in first steps of dealing with this mysterious organism. H. pylori treatment is a complex dilemma for clinicians, a repeating sentence by many of scientists whom spend years on this research topic. Apart from many modifications in initial first-line treatment of H. pylori, gastroenterologists are unable to overcome the problem of therapeutic failures. Choosing the best regimens in any regions depends on many factors which are in focus of many randomized clinical trials. A potential increase in efficacy of future therapies may be influenced by adding the novel potassium-competitive acid blocker as termed Vonoprazan. Undeniably, in-depth analysis is necessary to suggest more effective therapeutic regimens. Meanwhile, we recommend the performance of susceptibility tests before any antibiotic proscription.
PMID: 29581076 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- [Jinghuaweikang capsules combined with triple therapy in the treatment of Helicobacter pylori associated gastritis and duodenal ulcer and analysis of antibiotic resistance: a multicenter, randomized, controlled, clinical study].
- [Quadruple regimens using domestically manufactured drugs in gastritis and duodenal ulcer patients for Helicobacter pylori eradication: a perspective, multicenter, randomized controlled trial].
- Vonoprazan, a novel potassium-competitive acid blocker, as a component of first-line and second-line triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradication: a phase III, randomised, double-blind study.
- Usefulness of vonoprazan, a potassium ion-competitive acid blocker, for primary eradication of Helicobacter pylori.
- [Review] Systematic review with meta-analysis: the efficacy of vonoprazan-based triple therapy on Helicobacter pylori eradication.