Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel naphthoquinone derivatives as potential anticancer and antimicrobial agents.
, Mahran MA
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt.
Four novel series of 1,4-naphthoquinone derivatives namely 2,3-disubstiuted 4-[(benzothiazol-2-yl)hydrazono]-1,4-dihydronaphthalen-1-one 4a-c, N1-(2,3-disubstituted-4-oxo-1,4-dihydronaphthalen-1-ylidene)-N2-(benzotriazol-1-yl)acetic acid hydrazide 5a-c, 2,3-disubstituted 4-[(5-aryl-2,3-dihyrothiazol-2-ylidene)hydrazono]-1,4-dihydronaphthalen-1-one 7a-c, and 3-methyl-2-substituted carbamoyl or thiocarbamoyl-hydrazinocarbonylmethylthio-1,4-dihydronaphthalene-1,4-dione 9a-c were synthesized. Three of the new compounds were chosen by NCI to be evaluated as anticancer agents and they showed promising activity. All the prepared compounds were tested as antimicrobial agents.
PMID: 15884293 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Synthesis and pharmacological studies of some 2-t-amino and 2,3-di-t-amino substituted 1,4-naphthoquinones and related compounds.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of some new substituted naphthoquinones.
- Pyrimidines. Part II: Synthesis of novel pyrimidines, 1,2,4-triazolo[4,3-a]pyrimidin-7-ones and pyrimidino[2,1-c][1,2,4]triazin-8-ones for their antimicrobial and anticancer activities.
- Synthesis and evaluation of novel 1,4-naphthoquinone derivatives as antiviral, antifungal and anticancer agents.
- [Review] DNA minor groove binders as potential antitumor and antimicrobial agents.